Better than Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwich
Tasty & Juicy!
- Deep pan
- 6 chicken thighs or breast organic preferably
- buttermilk enough to cover the chicken
- various seasonings (see recipe) season to your liking
- garlic powder season to your liking
- Brioche Rolls
- bread & butter pickles
- lettuce & tomato optional
- Toss together chicken pieces, with seasonings in a large bowl to coat.Stir in buttermilk until chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 6 hours (24 hours is even better!)Combine flour, salt, smoked paprika, franks red hot seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, parsley, oyster mushroom powder (optional) (You can pretty much use the seasoning of your choice however these work well together)Remove chicken from the buttermilk and dredge each piece in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate. Be sure that your chicken is covered good, flip a few times and pat down. Heat peanut oil or vegetable oil in a large deep pot/pan. Add all the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.Turn chicken pieces and cook for another 10-15 minutes.Remove chicken from the oil and transfer to a cooling rack set over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Butter the cut sides of the burger buns, then toast on the hot skillet until browned and crisp. Build the sandwiches with the toasted buns, lettuce, fried chicken, tomato slices, butter & bread pickles and hot mayo sauce
- Spicy Mayo: 2 spoonful mayo, fresh lemon juice squeezed, hot sauce (of your choice) I use the Goya or Franks hot sauce, fresh black garlic (you can use fresh white garlic; mince it)